15 October 2010

Seoul Tower + engrish

So I decided I wanted to go to the tower since it is starting to get chilly out and I wasn't going to have many more chances before it gets cold outside. It is at the top of this small mountain in the center of Seoul itself. The tower base is actually high enough that I had my ears pop on the way up. When I headed off base there was a air show happening, so people where naturally trying to get on base to watch it. This was the first time I had ever seen a Lotus Elan so I had to take a couple pics.
Photobucket



Photobucket
When I arrived at Seoul Station, I walked outside and I saw this group of people holding some interesting looking signs.
Photobucket
They posed a bit and smiled but the guy on the far left seemed a bit mad asking me "Why you take picture!?" I don't know what his problem was, hell I don't even know what the signs even say. I also saw this and I thought it was kinda cool since the formula 1 race here in SoKo is only 2 weeks away.
Photobucket
I was later disappointed to find out that it was advertising for the following day where F1 cars would be doing a demo run down Seoul's downtown streets, a fact I was unaware of. I am sad I didn't go.

Then I walked around and found a store and pretty much half of it was all Gundam models. I thought it was pretty cool since I used to be really into this stuff. There was stuff I wanted to buy pretty bad actually but I restrained myself since I didn't need to spend needlessly.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I wanted this bad as I am a pretty big Evangelion fan.

I then got in a cab and asked to go to to the tower and I met a cabbie that actually spoke decent English and drove like well.... a Korean cabbie, batshit crazy. I am serious when I say this country does not believe in traffic laws. I am sure they have them but it doesn't seem like anyone follows them. Oddly though I have been here 6 months and have not seen a single traffic accident.

Anyways as I neared the summit, I was consummately dumped off by my driver. I was met with this amazingly steep ass hill to walk up. It was literally a workout getting up it. The pictures do not show how steep it really is.
Photobucket
Then I proceeded to take a bunch of pictures of things I thought were relevant but they came out like crap due to the fact that I am a shitty photographer.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I found some amusing engrish.
Photobucket
Photobucket
There was this interesting fixture on the ground
Photobucket
I also thought this was cool, it appears its a custom when coming to the tower to bring a lock and attach it to the railing or these christmas tree looking things.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yes I am so fat I broke the bench.
Photobucket
Here is the tower, pretty isn't it...
Photobucket
..too bad it cost money to go up in it and well I am a cheap bastard.
Photobucket
Well I have more to post but I am sorta tired right now so I'll just leave you with this parting shot I took in a book store.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment