29 March 2011

(really late post) New lenses!

*This post is really late since I bought these months ago but anyways*

I went ahead an Bought myself a few new lenses and I thought I'd share some pictures I took with them.

First off is my new Nikon Nikkor 35mm 1.8

This is a Prime lens so it has no zoom at all it is just 35mm focal length so it is very close to the natural view of the human eye on a nikon DX sensor camera like my D3100. I love this lens, it takes amazingly clear and sharp pictures even in really low light. Like this shot right here....



DSC_0118
And it can be combined with a fish eye adapter for some pretty cool effects
DSC_0135
DSC_0154
having the big aperture capability is awesome for low light
DSC_0337
making it the perfect "Bar" lens
DSC_0369
DSC_0455

Next up is the Nikon Nikkor 50mm 1.4D
DSC_0342
DSC_0341
Now this is an older lens and unfortunately my camera does not have an auto focus motor built into it (I want to upgrade later on) so I have to use manual focus but thats fine because I mainly bought it for video use in which I use manual focus anyways. For taking pictures of non moving things the manual focus isn't a bad thing.
DSC_0077
DSC_0080
Shooting wide open at 1.4 makes the background take on this dreamy milky effect.
DSC_0087
This was a little store in seoul that sold really detailed and expensive car models
DSC_0089
I love how you can play with it and get that nice little sweet spot right where you want it.
DSC_0091
I thought this little ferrari garage was really cool.
DSC_0062
with the fish eye adapter screwed on

I also bought a nikon Nikkor 55-300mm 4.5-5.6 VR


I will show you pics I have shot with it in a later post because I bought it mainly to cover motorsports events.

No comments:

Post a Comment